Friday, April 19, 2013

Chick Pea peanut Butter Blondies



I’m always very wary of desserts made out of un-desserty type thing, like beans. So wary, in fact, that I’ve never made one before. Until now. These were SO SO SO easy so make (like, literally 5 minutes of prep time, so quick), and they’re actually pretty tasty. DH said he didn’t care for the texture because they were “too smooshy”… but I didn’t tell him they were made out of beans, and he didn’t guess. My girlies loved them, though. I will definitely be making them again.

Chick pea peanut butter blondies

1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 honey (or agave, or whatever you want to sweeten it with)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg (optional)
1/3 cup chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8×8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth. You don't have to use an egg. I did because I needed a little more liquid to get my blender to blend. it makes them a little more cakey, so depending on your tastes, you can do what you want.

Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. Don't overcook!


Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack. Makes 16 blondies.


Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment